The time has come to take strong action to recommit to the ideal of peaceful protest.
– Mark G. Yudof, president of the University of California system, promising a UC-wide policy on ensuring proportional responses to peaceful protests. This follows the pepper-spraying of students sitting with locked arms at UC-Davis on Friday.
Meanwhile, two of the officers who pepper-sprayed protestors are now on administrative leave.
- UC officials to review nonviolent protest policies (sfgate.com)
- UC Davis chancellor Katehi issues statement on police pepper-spraying of student protesters (boingboing.net)
- Officers in UC Davis Incident Placed on Leave (time.com)
- After police violence, UC Davis students plan large rally Monday (boingboing.net)