More videos of Mitt Romney’s refusal to recognize the rights of gays and lesbians or claiming to support such rights and then turning his back are available here . They are part of the Mitt Gets Worse campaign, which shows the contrasts between the current republican party and its presidential candidate and those who help care about all Americans, like the very effective project to help gay teens in distress called It Gets Better.
The “Mitt Gets Worse” campaign, launched Wednesday by the Courage Campaign Super PAC and American Bridge 21st Century, is a compilation of video testimonies from people who describe Romney as insensitive and willing to put his political ambitions ahead of equality. The campaign’s website also features video of Romney discussing LGBT rights as far back as 1994, when he ran unsuccessfully for US Senate.
(via Andrew Sullivan)
- ‘Mitt Gets Worse’ Project Warns Of Romney’s Anti-LGBT Record (thinkprogress.org)
- Super PACs say Mitt Romney would roll back LGBT protections in new attack (boston.com)
- New Anti-Romney Campaign Sees Activists Warning “Mitt Gets Worse” (queerty.com)
- Mitt Romney’s Gay Rights Record Targeted In ‘Mitt Gets Worse’ Campaign (ontopmag.com)
- WATCH: “Mitt Gets Worse” Points Out Romney’s Devolution On Marriage Equality (queerty.com)