If I embarrassed the state, I apologize, but that certainly wasn’t my intent.
– Arizona Secretary of State Ken Bennett (and Arizona Co-Chair of Romney’s campaign), who had threatened to remove Barrack Obama’s name from the presidential ballot in that state unless he received absolute “proof” from Hawaii that Obama was born there. When asked, Bennett admitted that the didn’t seek similar information from Michigan regarding Mitt Romney’s birth.
- Birther-curious Bennett playing games in Arizona (maddowblog.msnbc.msn.com)
- Hawaii Attorney General To Arizona Secretary Of State: Prove That You Need Obama’s Birth Certificate (businessinsider.com)
- AZ Secretary Of State Apologizes For Birther Threat, But Still Seeks Proof Of Obama’s Birthplace (alan.com)
- Hawaii turns tables on Arizona Secretary of State’s birther requests (rawstory.com)